Monday, August 14, 2006

two full days

hey guys - only a couple of days left until we head back until the heat ridden south. we're looking foward to it - mom's cooking sounds great!

a good bit has happened since last post .....

I forgot to add that I went to the BIG BROTHER house, which is just built on the CBS lot. We got to see the master control where they had 40 cameras watching every room and the place where they film the live show. It was really weird; it felt like i was watching humans at a zoo.

Last friday I went to the Ellen Show and saw them putting in lights for the new set they've built. It was kinda boring, but cool to be on the NBC lot. The set will have some cool features to it, Ellen wasn't there.

Saturday I got up and went hiking with Natalie, a friend I've met from class. She's like an avid runner, i didn't know this until we began to climb a mountain, she bearly broke a sweat.
We went 7 total - elevation im not sure of, but it was high. the view at the top overlooked the ocean and santa monica/malibu. i really enjoyed the hike, it's good to get away from the concrete of downtown.

Saturday night my Lighting teacher invited me to the Hollywood Bowl, where she is the lighting designer. She got me a parking pass and a backstage pass - the works. I went to the Lighting both and hung there for the first part of the concert. The LA philharmonic was playing Tchaikovsky and the USC Trojan marching band came out to play the last song with fireworks in the background. I love the Bowl now - I told Mom it wasn't a big deal but the music and the atmosphere was great. Most people came early and brought a picnic basket - everyone had wine. Afterward I got to look around on the stage at the LED lights - these were recently installed and really give the bowl a nice, bright even layer of any color.
I hate that I'll be gone; Dave Matthews Band/Robert Randolph are playing August 28 - I'm sure she could get me back stage for that one.

Sunday Eric and I woke up and helped out on a small shoot in West LA. Our Bible study leader was shooting some stuff for a workshop he's doing soon. He's kinda playing off of "The Office" it was really funny, can't wait to see the final product. Sunday night I helped out at Mosiac, I'll miss everyone there - really great people who know how to serve.

Today I had my last class in Lighting Design - now the class is full of women. not sure if that helps or not..haha we're getting ready for the shoot on wednesday - music video for Thalon. that's about it, last day at DPI is tomorrow, shoot on wednesday and leave on Thursday.

here are some pics of the Hollywood Bowl -
 
                          
Posted by Picasa


See you guys soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home