Saturday, July 22, 2006

heaven??

I took this pic one day from our apartment window. the entire sky had a orange/red hue. I'm pretty lucky to be seeing this stuff.
It has been an eventful week. I really like lighting. Design Partners has been great oppurtunity, Milton (the CAD guy) is going to teach me AutoCAD and VectorWorks. VectorWorks is a newer program which is totally overtaking AutoCad - this is was the industry is using now. Anyways, to catch up, Thursday night we went to a screening of "Little Miss Sunshine." It's a Fox Seachlight picture and should be out in theatre's on Aug. 18 I think. We had to RSVP tickets, it was free. The film was really good, minus some language. I'd give it two thumbs up, very funny. littlemisssunshine

Yesterday I woke up and went to the Miss Universe Pagent. WOW - the lights were amazing. Ok we'll so were the 89 girls from all over the world. I had to remind myself why I was there many times. I took full advantage of my backstage pass. I drove up and went to the credential office to pick up my badge. The location was the Shrine Theatre near The University of Southern California (USC), not far from me at all. We got to see the girls and everyone rehearsing for the show on Sunday. The stage and lighting was very well done. The coolest thing were the center steps. Greg said they used Frosted Plexiglass (milky color) and stuck ColorBlasts behind it. Basically this made the steps light up with any color. Greg said they had to use foamcore and bounce the light off of it, so you would see the hard light because of the directional source. They had the pagent in Los Angeles becausee of a lack of monetary support from other countries. Donald Trump is paying for this one out of his pocket. Other countries gave their money for the World Cup a couple of weeks ago, so no money for Miss Universe. It was a great oppurtunity - my pass is still good, I've been thinking about going to the show and just standing backstage. Then the after party is in a hall behind the Shrine. Hmmmmm I got a lot more pictures - you can check some out HERE.

















































Also, I forgot to say, I hiked up to the Hollywood Sign last Monnday. It was pretty cool because you can see Burbank on one side (The Valley) and LA on the other. They had cameras everywhere.







































Well today is Beach day....we may just to go one in LA county today. Orange County is a lot better, but it's like an hour south. ok cya

2 Comments:

Blogger megan stout said...

very nice wes. so i was wondering--how do you feel about lighting? youve been pretty vague on this topic and so i was just curious.

10:05 PM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

i just remembered you had this thing, so i have alot of catching up to do. i just watched miss universe tonight! thats cool you were there.

10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home