Friday, July 21, 2006

LIGHTING DESIGN

Hey guys so I've started working at Design Partners, INC and it's really cool. I have a little desk with my own G4 Powerbook.



The place is at Sunset/Gower Studios "formally Columbia" Here is some information on the history and some of the things that have been filmed there INFO
Right now Comedy Central is shooting "The Sarah Silverman Show" - I believe it is on Stage 2 (out of 20 something) this is right out side of our door. Also I'm pretty sure the film "Georgia Rule" is being filmed. It has Lindsey Lohan and Jane Fonda. INFO I'll have to research more about this one - I've just seen signs around the lot.



The first day I got to go on the set of a new tv show from ABC due to air in the fall called "Just For Laughs" Sinbad was the host. I got to be behind the scenes and not in an audience chair - that's a good thing. Here are some pics of the tv show







They were using these LED lights called VersaTubes made by Element Labs - you can also get some cheap ones by Chavet. anyways John Morgan sent video through these LED tubes and basically made a tv screen. A good example is shown below in this Coldplay Video - you can see the big lights in the back of the band - those are VersaTubes. LED is the new product in Lighting Design because they are cheaper (*not now, but will) and they last forever. They can change to any color and there not hot. Check it out -





Yesterday we had a photo shoot for all of the Lighting Designers of the company. Just for PR reasons.



Today Milton and I took the company van out and picked up all the photo shoot equipment - we took our time. Milton said always make use of the time you have out of the office, "He works at the computer a lot." He took me to his families Mexican restaurant in West LA. It was pretty good, and his family took care of the tab, not bad. Later we went to Home Depot to pick up paint supplies for the new Light Lab the office is putting in. And we got a slurpee from 7/11, there good. I will miss those.

well i've written a lot - i'm goin to Ms. Universe tomorrow morning. Design Partners is doing the lighting and were goin to the rehersal. The actually LIVE event is on Sunday i believe. Hope all is well with everyone! Sorry it's so hot in the South - feels good here.

wes

1 Comments:

Blogger megan stout said...

I LOVE SINBAD!!! and slurpees.

8:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home